This is my contact sheet.

Row 1- Row one is about DPI which is the amount of pixels per inch. Therefore more pixels in a compact space, the clearer the image. We edited the image and then selected the amount of DPI. We started with an image of 1200 DPI, we went to image, then size the changed the resolution to 600 DPI, then to 300 DPI, and then to 72 DPI. By 72 DPI the resolution quality is significantly worse. For print 300 DPI is professional.

Row 2- Row two is about changing the color effects.  Color RGB is the normal color of the picture. We went to image, image size, and clicked off sample image to preserve pixels. We went to image then adjustments, right clicked and the adjusted the size. For black and white effect we went to image then adjustments and changed it to black and white. For the color CMYK, which is the print mode, we went to image then mode and changed it to color CMYK. Lastly, for duotone we went to image, then adjustments and made it black and white first so that we were able to again go to image, then adjustments and click duotone. Duotone was not an available action previous to making it black and white.

Row 3- Row three is about orientation. We started by un-clicking the resample image because as the resolution gets bigger, dimensions get smaller so there are not as many pixels per square inch. For portrait the height had to be longer than the width, we went to image and edited the size. The height is always one so that all of the boxes fit together and did not change the layout. We put a height of 1 and a width of .75, we dragged a selection box from the top to bottom because the image would change and zoom in if we did not. For the landscape the width had to be longer than the height. The height was 1 and the width was 1.333, we dragged a selection box from the top to bottom because the image would change and zoom in if we did not. For the square all sides had to be equal so both the height and width were one.

Row 4- First we made sure the picture had over 1000 pixels. My image was a city. We started with a height of 1 for every photo and then a width of 1.333 we made our first crop using the crop tool. We positioned the square in middle around whatever section we wanted to zoom in on. After this we cropped again the same way, got an image, cropped one more time and zoomed in on an image, my image was a clock. The clock in the original picture was barely visible in the cityscape.

Row 5- This row was about content, and taking a regular image and zooming so far in that the final picture is abstract. I started with a picture of an old woman holding flowers. I started with a height of 1 for every photo and then a width of 1.333; I made my first crop using the crop tool. I positioned the square in middle around the section I wanted to zoom in on. I cropped to get the wrinkles in her skin and if you did not see the original you would not know what the wrinkles were, making it abstract.

Row 6- Row six is about purpose, using different effects. I started with an image of Taylor Swift, I went to image and changed the dimensions to a height of 1 and a width of 1.333. Next, I went to filter and chose journalistic for the first picture, smudge stick for the second, sponge for the third, and Artistic-Palette Knife for the fourth.

Advertisements